Monday, 16 February 2015

Valentines Day

Good Morning!

So as everyone knows, it was Valentines Day on saturday and if you know me well, you will know that it isn't exactly my favourite holiday. I'm a bit of a misery when it comes to Valentines really, maybe it's because I'm a waitress or maybe it is just because it has never really been a special day for me, who knows? But one thing I do know is that this year, it was very adorable and special.

Now Valentines for me is normally just a regular day, it's not about presents or going the extra mile because I think that you should go the extra mile to make someone you love feel special everyday if you can. Not by buying them gifts or taking them out for dinner but the little things like saying they look good or making them smile daily. Now my boyfriend does that anyway (soppy I know) but he really did make that little bit of extra effort that pretty much made me cry with happiness. Recently he has been having a pretty rough time, he has been very badly injured and has been holed up in bed for the best part of 2 weeks :( But despite not being able to walk, he still managed to put together a little something. Him and my beautiful best friend made a plan (she was his legs!) and put together this basket of goodies for me:



It may not be jewellery, chocolate or flowers but it is all things that I wanted and adore. I love cheese, I love mugs (you should see the mug cupboard in my flat..), I love sweets and I have been DYING to see Big Hero 6 - and we went and saw it yesterday eee! Maybe I might have changed my mind about Valentines...  So really I just wanted to say thank you again and again to Matt and Jess because you two really make every day better. 

Maisie xx


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! I didn't mean to remove your comment :( remind me to never reply to comments on my phone again! But thank you sweetie! Hope you had a cute day too xx

      Delete